Saturday, February 3, 2018

6 & 6 Report for January

It's the end of the first month of the 6 & 6 in 2018 Challenge.  This year I'll set a goal in odd numbered months to work on a new project, and in even numbered months to I'll set a goal to work on an old project or UFO. In this post I shared my January goal - to make a baby quilt from a Zen Chic jelly roll.  It took less than two weeks to sew, baste, and have it ready to quilt. 


















I'm hand-quilting this one so I've been working on it in the evenings while Hubby and I watch "Victoria" or "The Crown". The problem is I've had a relaxed attitude about it because I forgot it was my January goal.  Too many goals for too many challenges will do that to a gal.  

At this point it's about 75% quilted and needs binding, so I'm considering it a successful 6 & 6 month.  I came "this close" to finishing so I get to do that.  Besides, I'm the boss of my goals.



















I'll continue to work on Zen Chic (I should be able to finish it in about a week now that I'm more motivated!) while I get busy on my February goal.  That goal is to work on the T-shirt quilt I started last September.  You can see more details here.  I'll show you a sneak peek .....



















At this point all the shirts are cut and have stabilizer on them.  Now the fun begins!  I'll start laying it out on the design wall and then get busy sewing.  I'm determined to have the top put together by the end of the month.  

As a side note, usually a completed top is called a "flimsy", but that doesn't seem like the right word for something as heavy as a T-shirt quilt does it?

Linking up with pomegranate and chintz.  

4 comments:

Warm Quilts said...

Great progress on your challenge. A future project for me is a t-shirt quilt. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Lynette said...

You are definitely the boss of your own goals. :) Zen Chic is pretty! I say you not only get a little extension, but also extra credit, because of the hand quilting. I really need to attack the many bags of TShirts from the girls' youth that are in my quilting storage, waiting for me to get my act together with them. I like the idea of doing it together with them to weed out the non-keepers. Did you aim for a certain number to keep, or just let him choose with each shirt and figure out how to deal with whatever number was left?

Heather said...

HAHA! THIS close absolutely counts!

Bernie Kringel said...

Yep, you are the boss of your goals. :-) Love the Zen Chic quilt. I admire you for hand quilting it. As for me, I don't have the patience for a lot of hand stitching. Silly, because I really love the look of it when others do it.