Sunday, August 11, 2013

Excuses, Excuses.........And a Finish!

Excuses, excuses.  Or should I say, Reasons, reasons.  I have been too busy to sew lately let alone blog about it!  I guess I should have just been blogging instead about my crazy life, at least then you would know why I'm not sewing.

The last sewing I did was at the June retreat I told you about.  Here are a few of the things that have kept me busy the last several months.

























Two of my sisters, Barb and Dee, came to see me for a weekend.


























My sister, Debbie and her girls, Natalie, Carrie and Emily, came to see me for a weekend.


























Hubby and I took our grands to Seattle for a week to visit our son, Aaron, and see the sights.



















We spent a week in Destin, Florida with our son, Adam and his family.  


















I celebrated a birthday!  


This is what my sewing room has looked like for over a month.  It was turned into an extra guest room and it has stayed that way.  Hard to sew like that!


















The one thing I did manage to finish was the NewFo I started in May.  It was a completed top so it only needed hand-quilting and binding.  That's not work, though.  That's therapy! 


















And here's the reason I managed to get this one quilt completed at all.  Little Gracee Mae-Rose, our newest great-niece.  After all, every new baby needs a quilt!

























This has been a whirlwind summer.  One last thing will keep me from sewing this week - the AQS Quilt Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  I'm going with my sweet friend, Faye, where I know I will be inspired and motivated to get sewing again.  I feel pretty certain that I'll be in my sewing room when I get home from that.  

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Well, I, too, hope to get back into my sewing room after the AQS show; otherwise, the baby will not have a quilt, the bride and groom will not have a quilt, and I won't get my therapy. I just think summer time makes it hard to find the time to sew. See you soon.