Monday, December 24, 2012

Exciting News!

You may remember this post about my Pay Day Quilt.  It was such a fun quilt to piece, and when my friend Angela from Quilted Joy finished with the quilting I really loved it.
It was juried into and displayed in the Denver National Quilt Festival which was held in May.  We didn't receive any prizes, but we did get very positive comments from the judges.   Right now I am waiting to hear if it is accepted into the QuiltCon show which will be held in Austin, Texas in February.  

Now for the really exciting news!  Angela wrote an article about the quilt, and the way she quilted it, and submitted it to Machine Quilting Unlimited Magazine.  It will be in the January issue!  The article covers three pages and has some great close-up photos.
If you get a chance to pick up a copy or just flip through one at your local Barnes and Noble, check it out.  I'm pretty excited about it.


2 comments:

pepperrn said...

beautiful!

Dar said...

What a fantastic honor and duly deserved. I will look for a copy to read about it. Congratulations to you both.