Friday, December 9, 2011

What's on My Design Wall?

I decided that I would do my very first "Design Wall Monday" post this week, so I got the photos ready and before I knew it, it was Friday!  You faithful bloggers amaze me.  My "Design Wall Monday" posts would get pretty boring - my wall stays the same for long stretches most of the time.  So, here is what's on my design wall right now:






These are my blocks from the "Made Fabric" Block Swap.  When it was my turn I requested blocks made like the two purple blocks at the top.  I asked that swappers make a large square of fabric from neutral scraps and a second from monochromatic scraps. 




Then the blocks were stacked, slashed, and sewn back together after reversing the center strips.










Now that I have all these gorgeous blocks I need to decide what to do with them.  Should I slash them again and insert another color before sewing them together?  Or not?  Add sashing?  Slash them into smaller pieces and mix them all up?  Hmmm, this could be on my Design Wall until next summer.  I need ideas.  I need inspiration.  Or maybe a nap.......

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Love what you have started here! Have you tried turning some of those blocks so they aren't all vertically oriented? When it doubt slash some more right? Can't wait to see where this goes!

Teaquilts said...

Love the blocks. Am I looking at rectangles after being sewn? I like them as they ate but I'd prpbably still will like them manipulated too.

Sandy Panagos said...

No , Tea, the blocks are not sewn together yet. Not even trimmed. Just thrown up there on the wall.

Darlene said...

The first thing I noticed was the blue ribbon in the second row on the far left for your first place win in the QQ2011 show. CSQ members made the ribbons and I made that one. It looks good on your design wall. Congratulations!

Mimi said...

I took a nap......no really, those blocks are great. I almost like them as they are. Kind of looks like stained glass or glass candy. I am sure whatever you do with them will be gorgeous.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Those blocks are wonderful! Don't fret about having the same stuff on your wall. I did fret a bit at first, but then realized it really should be about making progress :) Monday posts do give me that little push to get something done, which works for me :)