Thursday, October 6, 2011

Round Robin Found Its Way Home

A while back I blogged about a Round Robin group I had joined.  I had great visions of something really abstract when I sketched the semi-paisley shapes, but they ended up looking like drumsticks.  Was I ever worried about what the gals in the Round Robin would do with that!!  
Well, they behaved, although they said they were really tempted to add chickens, etc. to their borders.  Am I ever glad they restrained themselves.   This is what it looked like when I got it in the mail a few days ago.

The only thing I really hated about it was that goofy looking center block!  I had to fix it!   I borrowed some of the shapes from the last border and used them to add some appliqué to the center. 

All I can say is, "Wow!"  

Thank you SO much, Shirley, Jac and Marcia for making my Round Robin so beautiful.   I love it!  This is one project that will definitely not turn into a UFO.

3 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

Sandy, great addition to the middle block :) It really pulled the whole quilt together AND camouflaged the drumsticks ;)

Mimi said...

I think it turned out really nice. Love what you did for the center.

Barb's Cats and Quilts said...

OMG! That is one awesome quilt. I do like the additions to the center, too. Everybody did an outstanding job.