Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Complete Broken Dishes


Well..........I decided not to hand-quilt this one.   After all, "done" is better than "perfect."  Right??   I did some basic stippling on the main part of the quilt, some loops in the inner border and flowers in the outer border.  I think it turned out real cute and I know that Baby will love it.  
I used up just about all the leftover fabric to piece the backing.  It didn't turn out as cute as I had hoped, but I still like it better than a plain muslin back.  Did you know that when you piece the backing, quilt appraisers call it "Back Art"?  That must mean it's better than plain muslin.   Even if it isn't better, at least it is a good way to use up some of that stash!
I used Quilter's Dream polyester batting for this quilt since it will probably be washed a lot.  For some reason, you can see the front of the quilt through the back.  Ummm, wait a minute.  I planned it that way.  Yah, that's right.  Really........

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Ya see those little white squares? Makes them your labels. I love it!!!