Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bevo

So......I have this friend......Charlie.  And he says to me, "Do you know anyone who could make a quilt for me?"  And that's how it began...........

I usually don't do custom commissioned work, but I decided to take this one on.  I'm glad I did.  I am very happy with the results, and I think Charlie will be too.

He wanted something with the Texas Longhorns mascot on it.  (I had to do some research here.  I am NOT a college sports fan in any way, shape or form!)  So I found the logo online, printed it, enlarged it, and had my pattern.
I appliqued the logo, which by this time, I knew to be "Bevo" and it sat on my design wall for a while. Actually, a lot of things sat on my design wall for a while last year!  
I borrowed an idea for the border design from my friend Gail who does amazing work and a real interesting variety of projects.  Thanks for that, Gail.  :)

This is the finished wallhanging!         
 
You can see some of the quilting detail in the close-up.........
.........and on the back.
So all I need to do now is get the hanging sleeve on it and put it into the mail to Melanie in Enid, Oklahoma.  This is a gift to her from Charlie and his wife, Rose. Melanie is the only Texan working in an office full of Oklahoma gals, so I think this wall-hanging will be a conversation piece in her office for a long, long time.  At least.........I hope so.

5 comments:

Mimi said...

You did a great job on that quilt! I have a feeling Melanie is going to get some ribbing in the office over this one though.

Chuck said...

Sandy, I can't believe it..I don't have words to discribe how I feel it's weird how what I have though of for a few year and you go`t it in 1 or 2 e-mails.Melanie will go crazy when she gets back from her wedding.I will catch a firestorm of e-mails from the Okie gals for sure...LOVE IT.

Anonymous said...

Sandy, Bevo turned out great. Nice work. Dar

Barb's Cats and Quilts said...

Fantastic, Sandy. You need to send that into a magazine. Seriously. I hope the owner appreciates all your hard work and creativity.

Mimi said...

tap, tap, tap.......