Thursday, August 6, 2009

Missing............And REALLY in Action!

I really did mean to come back to my blog before now, but I've barely had a minute to take a breath in the past two weeks. It started on the 23rd of last month when Adam and his family hit town for a few days to attend a wedding. (I think it's the 7th wedding Adam has been in. He's a popular guy!) They made a mini vacation of it, and when they went home they left Gavin and Aidan to spend some quality time with Gramma and Grampa. Today is the first time in 14 days I have been home alone. YAY!!!!! (Why am I already missing those guys?!?!?)

One of the things we did while they were here in town was spend a very cool day at The Magic House in Kirkwood. I just had to take a photo of the glass balloons that filled the ceiling of the entry area. Inspiration, anyone??

All three of the boys had a blast and were kept busy with the hands-on displays. Aidan liked climbing Jack's beanstalk ladder in the Story Book area.............
Gavin pretended to give a speech as the President of the U.S. in the Branches of Government display...........
and Noah climbed the giant beanstalk that spanned several stories.
Grampa treated all of us to a tasty dinner (and dessert!) at Fitz's - a real St. Louis Classic. I had to eat fast to get my share of the banana split Gavin and I shared!
After a few good nights' sleep and a nap or two, I'll get back to blogging about quilts. BBFN......

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I am sure you are tired, but looks like you had a great time; otherwise you wouldn't be missing those guys already!!!! Glad you are back